Sunday, September 5, 2010

CSS Zen Garden


Getting ready to design my CSS Zen Garden has been harder than I thought. I started out by thinking up designs and that has been the totally wrong thing for me. I found that I work better as I go. Meaning... that I need to start out with a layout or a wire-frame to follow. As I looked through the different excellent designs by others who have submitted to the Zan Garden one had grabbed my eye, and that was the layout that I plan to use, Horizontal.



The way I plan to lay out the entire thing is by columns. Since this is a one page design, everything will be located on the front page. Using columns from left to right should give a good flow of things. There are 5 main categories, two link boxes and a demo or what is expected from this exercise. From the diagram above you can see what I plan to do. The top area will be for the logo followed with the demo area and links area under that. In the other 5 columns you will have the categories included from the CSS Zen Garden, and last but not least is the footer that will get centered and stuck on the bottom. Here is something it would look like before I add all the graphics.



I want to keep the design clean and readable while giving some flavor. So far the thing that comes to mind is birds and nature. That reminds me of something Zen. Lets see where this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment