Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Campus Penguin part 5

We have Campus Penguin almost complete and in it's Beta stage. I had my wife, Donique, test the site since she is a craigslist user and a student. Since out target audience are students, I thought this would be the best person to test this site. As I watched her use it, she seemed to be able to navigate and find where she needed to go. She did have a problem trying to figure out how to post at first but shortly after she figured it out. When she was finally done using the site, she said "Once the site is complete, I think it will be way better than craigslist. Just the look alone makes me want to use it. The only thing was that I did not have any instructions as a first time user on how to post. I also noticed that some of the posts where positioned funny and when I did a search the results had no links to them unless I pressed on the comments link."

Overall I found this testing very helpful. I think we will go ahead and add a help link for first time users and possibly send instruction for first time registered persons on how to use the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment