Friday, August 6, 2010

Creating a Template in Dreamweaver

In order to speed up the process of getting work done, creating simple templates for work flow is a good idea. How many websites have you created or planning to create that have AT LEAST the same start or layout as the other one has? Probably at least one or two other websites, right?

I like my websites to be flexible and look good on all computer platforms as well as screens so I work with a lot of percentages and em's. A good guide on how to do that is to check out my earlier post about working with em's and to get a better understanding of the Box Model would be a good idea if you are new to the web world. For percentages I have not made a tutorial yet but here is a good link to get started on:



http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/perfect-multi-column-liquid-layouts

Now depending what you would like to do it might not work but it is good to know and play around with. So lets start out with a reference with a template site I made:


I recommend to steal some of my code if you want to try this out.

More to come............. sorry for the quick cutoff

No comments:

Post a Comment