Thursday, August 19, 2010

Response to How the Web Wins by WIRED

Let start off by reading the article I am writing my response about.


I am going to start by one simple fact, that you never start an article by using a religious figure as a reference. "If the second coming happened right now, Jesus would probably show up as an app." I mean this is not even a joke. Come on, I read this and it made me upset and almost lost interest in reading the rest.




So aside from that, I went on and read the rest of the article. The author makes a lot of valid points. Apps are a big thing in the market, but in a different way. Applications like "I am T-Pain" or poker starts are what seem to be big. Do I think they would take over browsers? No. Do I think web developers like my self can learn some cool tricks or create ideas? Hell yes. Technology changes on a daily basis, and it seems like when you learn one thing you need to learn a new thing.


As the author mentioned "new enhancements in the form of next-generation HTML5 standards, and next-generation broadband and wireless will further level the playing field." For example, take a look at this website:



http://html5games.com/



As you see, all these games where made by using these new web technologies that work just as good if not better than some apps that are out there. Both of these technologies are newer and still in the beginning stages of development but the web will always be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment