Friday, August 6, 2010

Getting Creative

Some one asked me how I get creative, so how do I?

I have been in the creative field for almost 10 years now, starting by becoming a photographer for the US Navy and moving into the newspaper world. But I found times hard with having a large family I needed to do something else other than photojournalism and still wanted to do something creative field. I entered the world of web design by attending the Art Institute of California - San Francisco and now I have to think creative on paper and screen.



Today, I still photograph events from pro tennis, to weddings. This has kept my eye sharp and aware of my surroundings. What do I mean from that? There is ALWAYS something interesting around you, people have created buildings, cars, bridges but there is also the art of pain, joy, and excitement. Those are just some examples of what brings my creativity to me. Just look around and you will find things that might become a design idea.

That's one way, another way, is just browsing the internet. One amazing magazine that has things also available online is Smashing Magazine. Amongst other things as well! I follow blogs of designers, I look at some of my favorite links through Delicious, I look at art in museums to see what people of the past have done, and just keep ideas in the memory bank.

Back to looking around, a great example that I have is when I was sitting in Starbucks I saw a great little design that could easily be used as part of a website. If you would like to take a look at that just follow this link:

http://kgwebmedia.blogspot.com/2010/07/design-idea.html

No comments:

Post a Comment